GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS Greenfield Tech Solutions
- Greenfield Tech Solutions: Greenfield Tech Solutions, established in Ossnedrecht, Chamber of Commerce no. 78389879.
- Customer: the person with whom Greenfield Tech Solutions has entered into an agreement.
- Parties: Greenfield Tech Solutions and customer together.
- Consumer: a customer who is an individual acting for private purposes.
- These terms and conditions will apply to all quotations, offers, activities, orders, agreements and deliveries of services or products by or on behalf of Greenfield Tech Solutions.
- Parties can only deviate from these conditions if they have explicitly agreed upon in writing.
- The parties expressly exclude the applicability of supplementary and/or deviating general terms and conditions of the customer or of third parties.
Offers and quotations
- Offers and quotations from Greenfield Tech Solutions are without engagement, unless expressly stated otherwise.
- An offer or quotation is valid for a maximum period of 1 month from its date, unless another acceptance period is stated in the offer or quotation.
- If the customer does not accept an offer or quotation within the applicable time frame, the offer or quotation will lapse.
- Offers and quotations do not apply to repeated orders, unless the parties have agreed upon this explicitly and in writing.
- Upon acceptance of a quotation or offer without engagement, Greenfield Tech Solutions reserves the right to withdraw the quotation or offer within 3 days after receipt of the acceptance, without any obligations towards the customer.
- Verbal acceptance of the customer only commits Greenfield Tech Solutions after the customer has confirmed this in writing (or electronically).
- All prices used by Greenfield Tech Solutions are in euros, are inclusive of VAT and exclusive of any other costs such as administration costs, levies and travel-, shipping- or transport expenses, unless expressly stated otherwise or agreed otherwise.
- Greenfield Tech Solutions is entitled to adjust all prices for its products or services, shown in its shop, on its website or otherwise, at any time.
- Increases in the cost prices of products or parts thereof, which Greenfield Tech Solutions could not foresee at the time of making an offer or the conclusion of the agreement, may give rise to price increases.
- The consumer has the right to terminate an agreement as a result of a price increase as referred to in paragraph 3, unless the increase is the result of statutory regulation.
- Parties may agree on a no-cure no-pay base payment. Conditions of payment and fees will be agreed upon on in the underlying contract.
Payments and payment term
- Greenfield Tech Solutions may, at the conclusion of the agreement, require a down payment of up to 50% of the agreed amount.
- The customer must have paid the full amount within 7 days after delivery of the product.
- Payment terms are considered as fatal payment terms. This means that if the customer has not paid the agreed amount at the latest on the last day of the payment term, he is legally in default, without Greenfield Tech Solutions having to send the customer a reminder or to put him in default.
- Greenfield Tech Solutions reserves the right to make a delivery conditional upon immediate payment or to require adequate security for the total amount of the services or products.
Consequences of late payment
- If the customer does not pay within the agreed term, Greenfield Tech Solutions is entitled to charge an interest of 1% per month from the day the customer is in default, whereby a part of a month is counted for a whole month.
- When the customer is in default, he is also due to extrajudicial collection costs and may be obliged to pay any compensation to Greenfield Tech Solutions.
- The collection costs are calculated on the basis of the Reimbursement for extrajudicial collection costs.
- If the customer does not pay on time, Greenfield Tech Solutions may suspend its obligations until the customer has met his payment obligation.
- In the event of liquidation, bankruptcy, attachment or suspension of payment on behalf of the customer, the claims of Greenfield Tech Solutions on the customer are immediately due and payable.
- If the customer refuses to cooperate with the performance of the agreement by Greenfield Tech Solutions, he is still obliged to pay the agreed price to Greenfield Tech Solutions.
Right of recovery of goods
- As soon as the customer is in default, Greenfield Tech Solutions is entitled to invoke the right of recovery with regard to the unpaid products delivered to the customer.
- Greenfield Tech Solutions invokes the right of recovery by means of a written or electronic announcement.
- As soon as the customer has been informed of the claimed right of recovery, the customer must immediately return the products concerned to Greenfield Tech Solutions, unless the parties agree to make other arrangements about this.
- The costs for the collection or return of the products are at the expense of the customer.
Suspension of obligations by the customer
The customer waives the right to suspend the fulfillment of any obligation arising from this agreement.
Right of retention
- Greenfield Tech Solutions can appeal to his right of retention of title and in that case retain the products sold by Greenfield Tech Solutions to the customer until the customer has paid all outstanding invoices with regard to Greenfield Tech Solutions, unless the customer has provided sufficient security for these payments.
- The right of retention of title also applies on the basis of previous agreements from which the customer still owes payments to Greenfield Tech Solutions.
- Greenfield Tech Solutions is never liable for any damage that the customer may suffer as a result of using his right of retention of title.
The customer waives his right to settle any debt to Greenfield Tech Solutions with any claim on Greenfield Tech Solutions.
Retention of title
- Greenfield Tech Solutions remains the owner of all delivered products until the customer has fully complied with all its payment obligations with regard to Greenfield Tech Solutions under whatever agreement with Greenfield Tech Solutions including of claims regarding the shortcomings in the performance.
- Until then, Greenfield Tech Solutions can invoke its retention of title and take back the goods.
- Before the property is transferred to the customer, the customer may not pledge, sell, dispose of or otherwise encumber the products.
- If Greenfield Tech Solutions invokes its retention of title, the agreement will be dissolved and Greenfield Tech Solutions has the right to claim compensation, lost profits and interest.
- The customer undertakes to insure and keep insured the following items adequately against fire, explosion and water damage as well as theft:
o goods delivered that are necessary for the execution of the underlying agreement
o goods being property of Greenfield Tech Solutions that are present at the premises of the customer
o goods that have been delivered under retention of title
- At the first request of Greenfield Tech Solutions, the customer provides the policy for these insurances for inspection.
- If the customer orders products later than the agreed delivery date, the risk of any quality loss is entirely for the customer.
- Any extra costs as a result of premature or late purchase of products are entirely at the customer’s expense.
Assembly / Installation
Although Greenfield Tech Solutions strives to carry out all assembly and/or installation work as well as possible, it does not bear any responsibility for this, except in case of intent or gross negligence.
- When parties have entered into an agreement with services included, these services only contain best-effort obligations for Greenfield Tech Solutions, not obligations of results.
- The warranty relating to products only applies to defects caused by faulty manufacture, construction or material.
- The warranty does not apply in the event of normal wear and tear and damage resulting from accidents, changes made to the product, negligence or improper use by the customer, or when the cause of the defect can not clearly be established.
- The risk of loss, damage or theft of the products that are the subject of an agreement between the parties, will pass on to the customer when these products are legally and/or factually delivered, at least are in the power of the customer or of a third party who receives the product for the benefit of the customer.
- Exchange is only possible if the following conditions are met:
· exchange takes place within 30 days after purchase upon presentation of the original invoice
· the product is returned in the original packaging or with the original (price) tags still attached to it
· the product has not been used
- Discounted items, non-shelf articles such as food, custom made items or specially adapted articles for the customer cannot be exchanged.
Performance of the agreement
- Greenfield Tech Solutions executes the agreement to the best of its knowledge and ability and in accordance with the requirements of good workmanship.
- Greenfield Tech Solutions has the right to have the agreed services (partially) performed by third parties.
- The execution of the agreement takes place in mutual consultation and after written agreement and payment of the possibly agreed advance by the customer.
- It is the responsibility of the customer that Greenfield Tech Solutions can start the implementation of the agreement on time.
- If the customer has not ensured that Greenfield Tech Solutions can start the implementation of the agreement in time, the resulting additional costs and/or extra hours will be charged to the customer.
Duty to inform by the customer
- The customer shall make available to Greenfield Tech Solutions all information, data and documents relevant to the correct execution of the agreement to in time and in the desired format and manner.
- The customer guarantees the correctness, completeness and reliability of the information, data and documents made available, even if they originate from third parties, unless otherwise ensuing from the nature of the agreement.
- If and insofar as the customer requests this, Greenfield Tech Solutions will return the relevant documents.
- If the customer does not timely and properly provides the information, data or documents reasonably required by Greenfield Tech Solutions and the execution of the agreement is delayed because of this, the resulting additional costs and extra hours will be charged to the customer.
Duration of the agreement
- The agreement between Greenfield Tech Solutions and the customer is entered into for an indefinite period of time, unless it results otherwise from the nature of the agreement or the parties have expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
- If a fixed-term contract has been entered into, it will be tacitly converted into an open-ended contract at the end of the term, unless 1 of the parties terminates the contract with due observance of a notice period of 2 month(s), or if a consumer terminates the agreement with due observance of a notice period of 1 month / the agreement ends at the end of the fixed term.
- If the parties have agreed upon a term for the completion of certain activities, this is never a strict deadline, unless specified explicitly otherwise in writing. If this term is exceeded, the customer must give Greenfield Tech Solutions a written reasonable term to terminate the activities, before it may either terminate the contract or claim damages.
Cancellation of the contract for an indefinite period of time
- The customer can terminate an agreement that has been concluded for an indefinite period at any time with due observance of a notice period of 2 months.
- A consumer has the right to terminate an agreement for an indefinite period with due observance of a notice period of 1 month.
- Greenfield Tech Solutions retains all intellectual property rights (including copyright, patent rights, trademark rights, design and design rights, etc.) on all designs, drawings, writings, data carriers or other information, quotations, images, sketches, models, scale models, etc., unless parties have agreed otherwise in writing.
- The customer may not copy or have copied the intellectual property rights without prior written permission from Greenfield Tech Solutions, nor show them to third parties and / or make them available or use them in any other way.
- The client keeps any information he receives (in whatever form) from Greenfield Tech Solutions confidential.
- The same applies to all other information concerning Greenfield Tech Solutions of which he knows or can reasonably suspect that it is secret or confidential, or of which it can expect that its disclosure may cause damage to Greenfield Tech Solutions.
- The customer takes all necessary measures to ensure that he keeps the information referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 secret.
- The obligation of secrecy described in this article does not apply to information:
o which was already made public before the customer heard this information or which later became public without being the result of a violation of the customer’s duty to confidentiality
o which is made public by the customer due to a legal obligation
- The confidentiality obligation described in this article applies for the duration of the underlying agreement and for a period of 3 years after the end thereof.
- If the customer violates the articles of these general terms and conditions about secrecy or intellectual property, then he forfeits on behalf of Greenfield Tech Solutions an immediately due and payable fine of € 1000 if the customer is a consumer and € 5000 if the customer is a company, for each violation and in addition an amount of 5% of the aforementioned amount for each day that this violation continues.
- No actual damage, prior notice of default or legal proceedings are required in forfeiting the fine referred to in the first paragraph of this article.
- The forfeiture of the fine referred to in the first paragraph of this article shall not affect the other rights of Greenfield Tech Solutions including its right to claim compensation in addition to the fine.
The customer indemnifies Greenfield Tech Solutions against all third-party claims that are related to the products and/or services supplied by Greenfield Tech Solutions.
- The customer must examine a product or service provided by Greenfield Tech Solutions as soon as possible for possible shortcomings.
- If a delivered product or service does not comply with what the customer could reasonably expect from the agreement, the customer must inform Greenfield Tech Solutions of this as soon as possible, but in any case within 1 month after the discovery of the shortcomings.
- Consumers must inform Greenfield Tech Solutions of this within two months after detection of the shortcomings.
- The customer gives a detailed description as possible of the shortcomings, so that Greenfield Tech Solutions is able to respond adequately.
- The customer must demonstrate that the complaint relates to an agreement between the parties.
- If a complaint relates to ongoing work, this can in any case not lead to Greenfield Tech Solutions being forced to perform other work than has been agreed.
- The customer must provide any notice of default to Greenfield Tech Solutions in writing.
- It is the responsibility of the customer that a notice of default actually reaches Greenfield Tech Solutions (in time).
Joint and several Client liabilities
If Greenfield Tech Solutions enters into an agreement with several customers, each of them shall be jointly and severally liable for the full amounts due to Greenfield Tech Solutions under that agreement.
Liability of Greenfield Tech Solutions
- Greenfield Tech Solutions is only liable for any damage the customer suffers if and insofar as this damage is caused by intent or gross negligence.
- If Greenfield Tech Solutions is liable for any damage, it is only liable for direct damages that results from or is related to the execution of an agreement.
- Greenfield Tech Solutions is never liable for indirect damages, such as consequential loss, lost profit, lost savings or damage to third parties.
- If Greenfield Tech Solutions is liable, its liability is limited to the amount paid by a closed (professional) liability insurance and in the absence of (full) payment by an insurance company of the damages the amount of the liability is limited to the (part of the) invoice to which the liability relates.
- All images, photos, colors, drawings, descriptions on the website or in a catalog are only indicative and are only approximate and can not lead to any compensation and/or (partial) dissolution of the agreement and/or suspension of any obligation.
Every right of the customer to compensation from Greenfield Tech Solutions shall, in any case, expire within 12 months after the event from which the liability arises directly or indirectly. This does not exclude the provisions in article 6:89 of the Dutch Civil Code.
- The customer has the right to dissolve the agreement if Greenfield Tech Solutions imputably fails in the fulfillment of his obligations, unless this shortcoming does not justify termination due to its special nature or because it is of minor significance.
- If the fulfillment of the obligations by Greenfield Tech Solutions is not permanent or temporarily impossible, dissolution can only take place after Greenfield Tech Solutions is in default.
- Greenfield Tech Solutions has the right to dissolve the agreement with the customer, if the customer does not fully or timely fulfill his obligations under the agreement, or if circumstances give Greenfield Tech Solutions good grounds to fear that the customer will not be able to fulfill his obligations properly.
- In addition to the provisions of article 6:75 Dutch Civil Code, a shortcoming of Greenfield Tech Solutions in the fulfillment of any obligation to the customer cannot be attributed to Greenfield Tech Solutions in any situation independent of the will of Greenfield Tech Solutions, when the fulfillment of its obligations towards the customer is prevented in whole or in part or when the fulfillment of its obligations cannot reasonably be required from Greenfield Tech Solutions .
- The force majeure situation referred to in paragraph 1 is also applicable – but not limited to: state of emergency (such as civil war, insurrection, riots, natural disasters, etc.); defaults and force majeure of suppliers, deliverymen or other third parties; unexpected disturbances of power, electricity, internet, computer or telecoms; computer viruses, strikes, government measures, unforeseen transport problems, bad weather conditions and work stoppages.
- If a situation of force majeure arises as a result of which Greenfield Tech Solutions cannot fulfill one or more obligations towards the customer, these obligations will be suspended until Greenfield Tech Solutions can comply with it.
- From the moment that a force majeure situation has lasted at least 30 calendar days, both parties may dissolve the agreement in writing in whole or in part.
- Greenfield Tech Solutions does not owe any (damage) compensation in a situation of force majeure, even if it has obtained any advantages as a result of the force majeure situation.
Modification of the agreement
If, after the conclusion of the agreement and before its implementation, it appears necessary to change or supplement its contents, the parties shall timely and in mutual consultation adjust the agreement accordingly.
Changes in the general terms and conditions
- Greenfield Tech Solutions is entitled to amend or supplement these general terms and conditions.
- Changes of minor importance can be made at any time.
- Major changes in content will be discussed by Greenfield Tech Solutions with the customer in advance as much as possible.
- Consumers are entitled to cancel the agreement in the event of a substantial change to the general terms and conditions.
Transfer of rights
- The customer can not transfer its rights deferring from an agreement with Greenfield Tech Solutions to third parties without the prior written consent of Greenfield Tech Solutions .
- This provision applies as a clause with a property law effect as referred to in Section 3:83 (2) Dutch Civil Code.
Consequences of nullity or annullability
- If one or more provisions of these general terms and conditions prove null or annullable, this will not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- A provision that is null or annullable shall, in that case, be replaced by a provision that comes closest to what Greenfield Tech Solutions had in mind when drafting the conditions on that issue.
Applicable law and competent court
- Dutch law is exclusively applicable to all agreements between the parties.
- The Dutch court in the district where Greenfield Tech Solutions is established is exclusively competent in case of any disputes between parties, unless the law prescribes otherwise.
Drawn up on 02 oktober 2020.